INDIVIDUAL SPINACH QUICHES
Pastry for 2 Crust Pie
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup shortening
5 to 6 tablespoons cold water
1) In medium bowl with fork, lightly stir together flour and
2) With pastry blender or 2 knives used scissor-fashion, cut in
shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3) Sprinkle in cold water, a tablespoon at a time, mixing
lightly with a fork after each addition until pastry just
4) With hands, shape pastry into a ball. (If it is a hot day,
wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate 30 minutes.)
5) Grease and flour thirty-six 1 3/4 inch muffin pan cups, then prepare pastry.
6) On lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll dough about 1/8 inch thick.
7) Using 3 inch round fluted cookie cutter, cut dough into 36 circles, rerolling pastry scraps.
8) Line muffin pan cups with pastry circles; brush pastry circles lightly with melted butter; refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400oF.
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/2 9 oz package Seabrook Farms Creamed Spinach (thawed)
3/4 cup half & half
1/4 pound Gruyere cheese, shredded
9) Into each cup, spoon about 1 teaspoon of Seabrook Farms Creamed Spinach and top with some cheese. In small bowl with wire whisk or spoon, mix well half-and-half and eggs.
10) Spoon about 1 tablespoon egg mixture into each cup. Bake 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center of quiche comes out clean. Remove from hot pan and serve.
Makes 36 servings.