CHEESE - SPINACH - SAUSAGE PIE
1 lb. sweet Italian sausage links, chopped
2 - 9 oz. packages frozen Seabrook Farms Creamed Spinach (thawed)
1 - 16 oz. package mozzarella cheese, shredded
2/3 cup ricotta cheese
pastry for 2-crust 9-inch pie
1 tablespoon water
1) In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, cook sausages until well browned, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Spoon
off fat from sausages.
2) Reserve 1 egg yolk. In large bowl, combine remaining eggs
with sausage, creamed spinach, mozzarella cheese and ricotta cheese.
3) Prepare pastry; divide into 2 pieces, one slightly larger than the other; shape each piece into a ball. On lightly floured surface with lightly floured rolling pin, roll larger ball into a circle, 1/8 inch thick and 2 inches larger all around than 9 inch pie plate; line pie plate with pastry. Spoon mixture onto pastry.
4) On lightly floured surface with lightly floured rolling pin, roll remaining ball into 10 inch circle. With knife shears, trim pastry, leaving 1/2-inch overhang; fold overhang under and press gently all around rim to make stand-up edge. With knife, cut slits in pastry top.
5) In small bowl, combine reserved egg yolk with water; brush top of pie. Reroll pastry scraps; with knife, cut to make decorative design and place on top of pie; brush design with egg-yolk mixture.
6) Bake in 375 F oven for 1 1/4 hours or until pie is golden. Let stand 10 minutes; then cut into wedges.
To serve cold: Early in day or day ahead prepare recipe as above; refrigerate pie, uncovered, until well chilled. cover with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate; pie should be used within 2 days.